A Weekend of Holiday Magic in Fergus Falls
If you're looking for a festive and family-friendly way to kick off the holiday season, look no further than the Over the River Holiday Festival in Fergus Falls, Minnesota. This year's festival is scheduled for December 2nd and features a variety of activities for all ages.
Santa Fly-In @ Airport (10:30 am)
The festivities continue on Saturday with a Santa Fly-In at the airport, where you can get your picture taken with Santa Claus himself. This is a great opportunity to create lasting holiday memories for your family.
In addition to the Santa Fly-In, there will be a variety of other activities taking place throughout the day on Saturday. Here are just a few of the things you can enjoy:
- Otter Tail Power Light Exchange at Spies Pavilion: (12 to 2 pm) The holidays are here, and Otter Tail Power Company is helping us shine brighter together. Bring a non-perishable food item or cash donation to the Spies Riverfront Park and market Pavilion between noon and 2:00 P.M. during the Over the River Holiday Festival on Saturday, December 2nd. Donations benefit our local food shelf, and you’ll receive energy-efficient LED holiday lights—while supplies last. Bringing light, warmth, and holiday joy to our communities and customers.
- Fused Glass Ornaments at Stained: (10am to 3 pm) Create your own unique fused glass ornament to take home and cherish for years to come.
- Art and Artisan Market @ Kaddatz Galleries (11am-5pm)
- Make & Take Florals & Photo Booth at Flower Mill: (10 am- 3 pm) Make your own holiday floral arrangement and then take a fun photo in the photo booth.
- 'Tis the Season' Family Yoga Class at Balanced & Brave: (12 pm) Enjoy a festive yoga class with your family and friends.
- BoHo Holiday Pop-Up at The Foundry: (9am-4 pm) Browse the unique selection of gifts and home décor at the BoHo Holiday Pop-Up.
- Santa & Photo Booth at Springboard: (12 pm-3 pm) Get your picture taken with Santa and his elves at Springboard.
- Axe Throwing at Spies Pavilion Parking Lot: (12pm-3pm) Try your hand at axe throwing at Spies Pavilion Parking Lot.
- Lake Region Arts Council Main Gallery (10am-3pm)
- Family Art Table at Fergus Falls Public Library (10am-12pm)
- Girl Scout Troop 31023 Holiday Shop (Carols at 1:30pm) at Lake Region Arts Council Main Gallery: Visit the Girl Scout Troop 31023 Holiday Shop to purchase unique gifts and support the local Girl Scouts.
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides at Kaddatz Pick-Up: (1 pm - 5 pm) Enjoy a leisurely horse drawn carriage ride through the streets of Fergus Falls.
- Trishaw Rides by Pioneer Care/Pedal Fergus Falls/Cycling Without Age: (1pm - 5 pm) Take a free trishaw ride around downtown Fergus Falls.
- Fergus Falls School of Dance, Dance & Desserts at AC4TA (Desserts at Senior Center at 4pm): Enjoy a performance by the Fergus Falls School of Dance and then sample some delicious desserts at the Senior Center.
- Tree Lighting at Wright Park followed by Fireworks: (5:30 pm) Gather around the Christmas tree in Wright Park for the annual tree lighting ceremony.
- Vendor Pop-up at Soapwerks: Browse the selection of handmade soaps and other bath and body products at the Soapwerks vendor pop-up.
- Sugar High holiday sale and drawing. (10am-8pm)
- Printmaking Holiday Cards at Kaddatz Galleries (2pm-4pm)
The VIP Pass
Celebrate the holidays in Fergus Falls, Minnesota with the Over the River Holiday Festival VIP Pass!
The Over the River Holiday Festival is an all-day event on December 2nd, and the VIP Pass gives you access to exclusive discounts and savings from downtown Fergus Falls stores and restaurants.
Here's what you get with the VIP Passport:
- 15% off your hotel stay
- Discounts at participating downtown stores and restaurants
- Don't worry about driving back home at night!
The VIP Pass is the perfect way to save money and enjoy all that the Over the River Holiday Festival has to offer. Plus, you'll be supporting local businesses in Fergus Falls.
Here are some of the benefits of having a VIP Passport:
- Save money on your hotel stay and meals. With the VIP Passport, you'll get 15% off your hotel stay and discounts at participating restaurants.
- Shop for unique Christmas gifts. The Over the River Holiday Festival features a variety of vendors selling unique gifts, perfect for everyone on your list.
- Treat yourself to a magical weekend. The Over the River Holiday Festival is a great way to kick off your holiday spirit. With the VIP Pass, you can enjoy all the festivities without having to worry about driving home at night.
To get your VIP Pass, simply book a night at one of our participating hotels. During check-in, you'll receive your passport and a list of all the participating businesses.
Plan Your Visit
The Over the River Holiday Festival is a free event, but some activities may require a fee. For more information and a complete schedule of events, please visit the festival's website or Facebook page.
Mark your calendars for December 2nd and head to Fergus Falls for a weekend of festive fun at the Over the River Holiday Festival!